Thursday, May 8, 2008

Thing #19 WEB 2.0 AWARDS

Found a few 'award winner' sites I'll be going to frequently:
-Music: PANDORA
-Photos and Digital Images: flickr and Picasa
-Travel: KAYAK and realtravel

A Committee member shared with me her enthusiasm about Pandora last week...and I've been building radio stations and listening every day. It is so cool to listen to songs I haven't heard in years (except when I play my albums at home! - yes, I still have every album and 45 I ever bought in almost pristine condition) . Just pick an artist/genre and similar songs/artists will be at your fingertips to give a thumbs up or down.

Flickr and Picasa will be interesting and helpful working with and sharing my photos; and just snooping around to see just what else is out there. I already have a flickr account and will try to use it more often.

KAYAK and realtravel will be interesting to work with when planning my next 'ideal vacation' or just a 'get-away for a while' jaunt. I look forward to reading other users' comments on past trips - what to look for and what to avoid.

No comments: