Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Thing #8 Make life "really simple" with RSS & a newsreader & Thing #9 Finding Feeds

Today I established my account with BLOGLINES and added the feeds below. I've been able to forward quite a bit of interesting information.
Art Knowledge News - Keeping You in Touch with the World of Art. (10) (0)
CNN.com (10) (0)
Eyeflare - Travel Articles and Tips (10) (0)
The Food Section (10) (0)
Gardening Question of the Day (from the Old Farmer's Almanac) (0) (0)
Joke of the Day (0) (0)
Nutrition Journal - Latest articles (10) (0)
NYT Book Review (10) (0)
Rolling Stone: Features (10) (0)
Rotten Tomatoes: Movies (10) (0)
USATODAY.com Health - Top Stories

Eyeflare - Travel Articles and Tips was the first RSS feed I added myself. I found it (I think) when I used Bloglines Search tool. I put in a few words, "Ireland travel tips", and clicked on one of the posts, which brought me to the Eyeflare site. I'll explore this and all the sites more thoroughly and decide whether or not to trash/keep. The Bloglines Search tool was pretty easy to use. Now if I could just stop worrying about clicking in the wrong place...

No comments: