Monday, April 28, 2008

Thing #16 WIKIS

Checked out WIKI's "Library Success: A Best Practices Wiki" and was surprised at how much information is there (looking like I'm always surprised at how much information is "out there") .
Went to "Training and Development for Librarians"; Staff Training; Tips for Training Librarian Staff; Tips for Floating Librarians. Some basic common sense issues, but good tips nonetheless.
Then checked out "Staff Development" and the Blog of Memphis Public Library and Information Center; Professional Training and Staff Development; NEO - New Employee Orientation. Looks like I'll be going back to this one!

Next, I went into "Ocean County Library". I found that clicking on number 2, 'Branches and Reading Centers" [1] brought me to the OCL webpage; Stafford brought me to Wiki's information on Stafford Township. Also checked out the 'History' tab and saw the various changes made - March 2008 seems to have corrected our domain name to 'theoceancountylibrary.org'.

I hope to go back to this site in the near future...so much information, so little time...

No comments: